This is a simple but filling breakfast recipe that will get your day off to a great start. Mix in some low sugar fruits like strawberries and raspberries, sprinkle some flaked almonds on top, and you have a energy-filled, nutritious meal that gives your body exactly what it needs.
Just like quinoa and millet, amaranth is not technically a grain (although it is often referred to as such). It is a great source of essential amino acids, calcium, iron, and magnesium. Amaranth has a texture that makes it perfect for porridge-like dishes, and you can mix it in with other grains to make a filling substitute for rice.
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup amaranth
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ cup desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp. stevia
- 1 Tbsp. flaked almonds
- Strawberries and raspberries to top
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the water and coconut milk.
- Stir in the amaranth.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer on low for 20 – 25 minutes until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the coconut, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and stevia.
- Top with flaked almonds and berries to serve.
Preparing nutritious meals with the right ingredients is extremely important when you have adrenal fatigue. My Adrenal Fatigue Recipe Book contains more than 50 energy-boosting recipes that are guaranteed to improve your health. It’s included in The Recipes Package.