If you’re anything like me, you can’t get enough of Thai food. The problem is that many Thai restaurants add MSG and various types of sugar to their curries, so eating out is not always the best option. Luckily, you can make a perfectly delicious red curry at home, and its probably not as difficult as you might have thought.
I use a store-bought red curry paste for this recipe because it makes it so much quicker and easier. Look for the “Thai Kitchen” brand, as it contains only healthy ingredients. Avoid any pastes that contain MSG, sugar etc.
The best thing about curries is really that you throw in so many different meats and vegetables. In fact, if there are certain veggies that don’t really appeal to you, eating them in a strong-tasting curry might just be the best way to get them down! This curry contains sweet potato, snow peas, peppers and more, as well as a handful of delicious cashew nuts. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium brown onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. red thai curry paste
- 1 16 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 very large sweet potato (peeled and chopped into 1 – 1 ½ inch cubes)
- 1 cup baby corn
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped)
- Large handful of cilantro (finely chopped)
- Small handful of cashew nuts
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until beginning to soften. Don’t let it brown.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook, stirring continually, for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk, vegetable stock and sweet potato. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potato has softened slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peppers, baby corn and snow peas.
- Stir, uncovered, for another 5 – 10 minutes until all the vegetables have cooked.
- Top with chilli, cilantro and cashew nuts.
Preparing nutritious meals with the right ingredients is extremely important when you have adrenal fatigue. My Adrenal Fatigue Recipe Book contains more than 50 energy-boosting recipes that are guaranteed to improve your health. It’s included in The Recipes Package.