This chicken liver salad is served warm and full of delicious flavors. Two different types of leaves, blueberries, hazelnuts and green apple combine to make for a really tasty, satisfying dish.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken liver, a nutritional powerhouse that you should try to eat at least once per week.
You should always eat salads with some kind of healthy fat, as many micronutrients are fat-soluble. Without a fat (like avocado or olive oil) to help you absorb them, you will not get the full benefit from all these wonderful ingredients.
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 1 green apple (cut into slices)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ lb. chicken livers (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl (apart from the livers).
- Heat 1 Tbsp. coconut in a medium skillet over a medium heat.
- Cook the chicken livers over a medium heat, stirring often until golden brown.
- In the mean time mix all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk well.
- Toss the chicken liver with the salad and pour over the dressing to taste.
Preparing nutritious meals with the right ingredients is extremely important when you have adrenal fatigue. My Adrenal Fatigue Recipe Book contains more than 50 energy-boosting recipes that are guaranteed to improve your health. It’s included in The Recipes Package.